[Using Sakai] Site stats for Lessons Tool and LTI tools

Earle Nietzel enietzel at anisakai.com
Wed Apr 22 08:25:06 PDT 2015

Hi Adam,

#1 can be solved with in Sakai via adding an event at the right place. We
use a tool called Appdynamics where by we monitor any call of
ActiveTool.forward()
<https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai/blob/master/kernel/api/src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/tool/api/ActiveTool.java#L53>
and then inspect the Placement
<https://github.com/sakaiproject/sakai/blob/master/kernel/kernel-util/src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/util/Placement.java>to
find out what tool is being dealt with. You could potentially do something
similar here.

#2 looks potentially be solved with LTI standards like IMS Caliper.