[Using Sakai] Reg : Adding users in Sakai using External web-form

Alaa NIZAR alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma
Sat Jun 28 01:15:25 PDT 2014

Hi,

Here's how I see it:

You provide two login and registration scripts or pages.

On the login page, you set the username and password fields to eid and password, and set  the acion of the form to http://yourip/portal/login.

On the registration page, you write your script to check, first, the availability of the account against the SAKAI_USER table, using for example php/mysql.
If the entered info in the registration form is clean, then you forward your php parameters to the sakai php webservice for addNewUser or so.

This way ypu'll not touch the  mysql directly.

However, you have to put your sakai admin login account outside of your web server root.

Good luck.

Yours,
Alaa Nizar

Sent from Samsung Mobile