[Using Sakai] Reg : Adding users in Sakai using External web-form

Prabhu Janakaraj prabhu142003 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 00:42:03 PDT 2014

Hello All,
                 I have been working on Self-user registration page for
sakai using external HTML form. Here is the scenario, a seperate HTML
page will appear to the user. The user will enter the values for the
fields, you can think of a form for creating a user account on any
webpage. I mapped the username field and password field to the
SAKAI_USER table. But then the user is not able to login.

As a trial I manually added users directly into the database on the
tables SAKAI_USER and SAKAI_USER_ID_MAP. I see the user details I added
when I login as admin on the Administration Workspace page, but the
username is displayed as blank for the newly added user.

Then, I ran this script

|"SELECT
<http://192.168.1.79/phpmyadmin/url.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdev.mysql.com%2Fdoc%2Frefman%2F5.1%2Fen%2Fselect.html&token=5ba195606e598038b530eddd537ce576>
*
FROM `SAKAI_USER_PROPERTY`
LIMIT 0 , 30"

Once I run this script I could see the username for the newly created
user from the Administration Workspace page, but still the user is not
able to login.

Again, from the Administration workspace page I resetted the password
for the same user. Now the user is able to login.

I don't understand why this issue is arising. If someone could help me
in understanding the underlying process, that will be greatly helpful.

Thanks,
Prabhu

---