[Using Sakai] How to change the (gateway) home website in the portal

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Tue Jun 18 18:40:15 PDT 2013

One thought - I don't know if others have pointed this out to you - most sites do not use the Tomcat-provided ROOT webapp that / routes to:

/Users/csev/dev/sakai-full/apache-tomcat-7.0.21/webapps/ROOT

For example if you go to

http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8082/  You see the default page form TOmcat

If you go to https://ctools.umich.edu/ - the ROOT webapp is a redirect.

Instead of making a new webapp - just overwrite the ROOT webapp.

Just thinking out loud.

/Chuck