[Using Sakai] How to change the (gateway) home website in the portal

mail at nicolaslehmann.de mail at nicolaslehmann.de
Tue Jun 18 15:54:00 PDT 2013

Hi everybody,

thanks for your answers. I feel like I have described my plan very inexact:

I want to rewrite a previously used website (KVV) on my faculty for the semester planning as JSP (Java Server Page) and integrated it into Sakai.

I would like to try out two ideas:

1) Replace the Sakai portal with the JSP-page.
2) Instead of the "Welcome" page anchor the JSP-page in the menu of the portal and rename it to "SaKVV".

The first point [1)] can be solved with the entry of “gatewaySiteUrl=http://localhost:8080/sakvv/index.jsp” in the “sakai.properties” file.
Thanks for the tip @Steve!!!

I would be more interested in a solution for the second point [2)]...
Any idea how to realize this?

Greetings from Berlin
Nicolas Lehmann