[Using Sakai] Time zones, relative instead of global?

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Mon Jul 29 06:28:41 PDT 2013

I want to have assignments due by some local time deadlines, e.g. by 10:00 every night.
But when I specify a time in the assignments tool, it makes it a global time zone.

Any way to have time zones adjust to the local user?
I'm not even sure how one would do that, unless their location was part of their identity management information, but assuming we knew that, it would vary by each student.

I wondered if anyone else had wanted something similar and/or had any ideas.