[Using Sakai] we need your input: improving UI consistency from Sakai 2.9 to 2.10

Emily Corse corse at camden.rutgers.edu
Wed Jul 17 14:12:35 PDT 2013

The Sakai CLE Technical Coordination Committee<http://www.sakaiproject.org/sakai-cle-technical-coordination-committee-tcc> (TCC) is seeking suggestions and priorities for smoothing out some of the rough edges in Sakai's user interface. This is NOT a request for new features and functions! Please, as soon as possible, send me a note with your top priorities.

Examples of the types of improvements that might be considered:
* rename "Page Order" button in Site Info to "Tool Order" or "Edit Menu"
* make notifications to students consistent between tools - use Announcement+Email for Assignment, Assignment 2, Samigo, and Mneme (currently some tools post announcement-no-email, some send email-no-announcement, some have no option)
* put the Edit button on Lessons/Lesson Builder items in a consistent location
* make every date/time field consistent, both in how date/time is displayed and how users can enter it (tools: Announcements, Assignments, Forums, Resources, T&Q)

Some of the changes you might like to request may already have JIRAs; that's okay, please request them anyway. If I have time, I'll compile the results so we can vote to set priorities. Please realize that we're making no promises at this point as to which issues will be addressed. Thanks so much.

Emily Corse
corse at rutgers.edu<mailto:corse at rutgers.edu>
Instructional Design & Technology<http://idt.camden.rutgers.edu/>
Rutgers-Camden