[Using Sakai] Customization of titles of menu entries in gateway (in Spanish)

Rafael Morales Gamboa rmorales at suv.udg.mx
Thu Jan 31 18:31:18 PST 2013

Hello,

I have installed Sakai 2.9.0 on Tomcat 7 and configured it to show
everything in either Spanish (es_MX) or English (en_US). Now, when I get
to the portal I get the following menu on the left:

In case the image does not show up in the distributed email, they are:

 1. Bienvenid@
 2. Acerca de
 3. Features
 4. Navegador de sitios
 5. Training
 6. Acknowledgements
 7. Nueva cuenta
 8. Ayuda

Now, (1) was originally 'Welcome' but I "fixed" it using the Site
Editor. Same for entry (2), which originally was 'About'. I tried to
rename (7) but this one gets its title from the translation.

In summary, it seems the entry (page) gets is title from the single tool
it contains, when there is only one, or from what is defined in the site
when otherwise, in which case the title is fixed in a single language
(i.e. not translatable dynamically). Is this correct? If so, shouldn't
all entry titles be dynamically translatable (e.g. depending on the
client OS/browser/chosen language)? Otherwise, how can I define the
translations we want to have?

Regards,
Rafael

/Dr. Rafael Morales. Researcher. IGCAAV @ UDGVirtual, Universidad de
Guadalajara. Avenida de la Paz 2453, Colonia Arcos Sur, 44130
Guadalajara, Jalisco, México. Tel +52 (33) 3540-3020 ext. 18823. Fax +52
(33) 3630-0934. Email rmorales at suv.udg.mx. Web http://investigacion.​
udgvirtual.​udg.​mx/​personal/​rmorales/