[Using Sakai] Permission to make Resource Public

Algaze, Louis Contractor, eDataTech ljalgaze at nps.edu
Tue Jan 29 13:58:50 PST 2013

Hello,

We are using rSmart's Sakai version 2.8.4 and I have a permissions question about making Resources Public with which I'm hoping someone could assist.

It seems as if a student, given the Edit Own and/or Edit Any Resource permission can access the Edit Details page of that resource, but if that person chooses the option to make the resource Public, no changes are made.  Is this a bug or by design?

If by design it would probably be clearer if they did not see the option to make the resource public.

Thank you,

Louis