[Using Sakai] Customization of titles of menu entries in gateway (in Spanish)

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Tue Feb 5 05:11:26 PST 2013

Hi Rafael,

You are correct that if there is only one tool on a page, the page title is the localized tool name, but if there is more than one tool on a page, the page title can be manually changed/translated (but dynamic translation based on the user's preferred language is not supported). Pages with tools that allow multiple instances (e.g. Web Content) allow for users to type in a custom page title, and these custom page titles are not dynamically translatable either. The 'Home' page is also a special case, and it's name _is_ dynamically localized based on the user's preferred language.

So there are two problem areas that are not dynamically translatable based on user language preference:
1. Pages with multiple tools
2. Pages with custom names (e.g. Web Content)

These limitations are due the implementation details, but I agree that it should also be dynamically translatable. If anyone in the Sakai community has the resources to address these limitations, I'd be happy to discuss the details with them.

Thanks!
- Beth