[Using Sakai] Site Info -> Page Order -> Hide, Disable

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Feb 4 17:31:39 PST 2013

Most of the "tools" in Sakai have services that content can be added to
without the tool (or UI) being displayed. When this happens it leads to
issues with other things like Site Duplication/Import (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23176)

I think things like this kind of show that any seemingly simple features
added to Sakai can have a ton of unfinished work or cause a number of
regressions, sometimes not discovered until much later. There was recently
a very expensive fix for various tools that implemented grouping linking up
to Gradebook (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19668). Grouping was
implemented pretty inconsistently back years ago, then the contract between
some tools and gradebook was changed. Some tools add the item directly into
gradebook, some tools make it a linked grade and store the score in the
tool.

Another example of another feature in linked tools that surfaced as a
problem in Lessons was the Release/Open Date for linked tools (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/LSNBLDR-101). Resources and
Assignments (and other tools) that are using the date feature are not
completely hidden by Lessons, mostly because of all the possible
exceptions, special cases and no easy way to check.

Not to say these aren't worth filing but it seems like there's a limit for
what will be fixed for sure!