[Using Sakai] Sakai 2.9.2 and later Web Content Tool

Regan, Alan Alan.Regan at pepperdine.edu
Thu Aug 22 10:51:03 PDT 2013

Thanks, Dr. Chuck.  The improvements to Web Content are really helpful.  So great to have web links open in an unframed, new window.

If anyone wants to see how this revised tool works, I created the following quick screencast to highlight the features as well as considerations for our professors regarding Firefox 23 and mixed content handling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpGcjQHPpTc

The only element I didn't include in the screencast is the option to "Launch Maximum Width."  If a professor opts to keep the web link framed within the course or project site, then this option will maximize screen real estate by "collapsing" the left menu.  It's a nice little option to place focus on the embedded web page.

All the best!

Sincerely,

Alan Regan
Director, Technology and Learning