[Using Sakai] Short URLs for files with non ASCII characters

Rafael Morales Gamboa rmorales at suv.udg.mx
Fri Aug 16 14:23:32 PDT 2013

Actually, I was wrong. Tomcat is configured with URIEncoding="UTF-8" and
the database seems to be OK (despite de fact that there is no
character_set_server=utf8 in my.conf:

mysql> SELECT default_character_set_name FROM information_schema.SCHEMATA S
     -> WHERE schema_name = "sakai";
| default_character_set_name |
| utf8                       |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

The question is whether I should add that configuration line to my.conf,
anayway.

Regards,
Rafael