[Using Sakai] Release of 2.9

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Fri Sep 21 07:11:32 PDT 2012

Hi Anders,

November 2012 seems like a very attainable schedule to me, but we are hoping to do a little better. If we can get the Release Candidate 01 out early next week (targeting Monday), and depending on many factors (level of QA testing, new bugs found, etc), probably the earliest we could get a release out for GA (general availability) is mid-October and my guess is that if things don't go so well (not enough QA testing, or significant bugs found) we could probably still be done before Thanksgiving, mid-November-ish. We should continue to target mid-October as our goal, imo. Remember, it is all an estimate, but I'm starting to feel more confident about these dates, and with the evidence of an impending release candidate.

The more community participation we get, the more likely we will have a quality release and the sooner it will get done.  And this is not just opinion. :-)

Cheers,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org