[Using Sakai] forum editor.

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Oct 22 08:17:17 PDT 2012

It's likely your browser that is showing the spelling errors, but the
editor is preventing you from correcting them. You generally can control
(or command on mac) right click the word and get it your browser menu.
There is some system wide configuration option for FCKEditor and CKEditor
to reverse this, but that would make doing some things in the editor more
difficult.

In CKEditor in 2.9+, there is optional support for an ad supported
webspellchecker [1] spell checker, or possibility for your operations to
install After The Deadline (a standalone spell checking software). Neither
of these correct as you type unless

Both of these are generally outside the realm of Sakai setup but something
that could be configured in a 2.9 system by reading the information there
and editing some files to the editor plugins directory in an hour or 2.

[1] http://www.webspellchecker.net/demo.html
[2] http://afterthedeadline.com/