[Using Sakai] resubmit?

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Mon Oct 1 18:34:18 PDT 2012

I have a class and one student was too late on an assignment, so I went to that assignment & grading, and indicated to allow resubmit (n=1) and an extended date. He saw the new date, but no submit button.

It seems like resubmit only allows an extended date and resubmit if there was an original submission. I am not sure what it anything it means if there was no original submission, but just wanting to allow an extended submission date.

If this is a correct analysis, then why does it even allow one to indicate resubmit if it knows there was no original submission?
And in any case, how can I extend for a late submission for one student?

Surely making a new group with one person in it and changing the date for that person is too roundabout a method, to have a bunch of new one person groups just for assignment extensions.)

Any help appreciated!