[Using Sakai] Sakai Podcast Tool -- any updates planned?

Regan, Alan Alan.Regan at pepperdine.edu
Fri Mar 23 17:01:24 PDT 2012

All,

I am writing to see if there are any planned updates for the Podcasts tool in Sakai CLE.  Several of our professors love it, but wonder if there are options to also add other links into the RSS feed -- such as links to resources they may have uploaded to other university storage areas (rather than directly into the Sakai class site) or to their personal online storage options.

I tried to dig up information in the Confluence wiki, but the Project Page is very old (https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PODCASTS/Home) and it mentions a working group page that apparently no longer exists.

Can anyone share details on any current or future developments for the "Podcasts" tool in Sakai?

The reason I ask is that I've received a request to be able to point to other locations, not just upload a file directly to the course or project site in Sakai.  I just created a feature request to try to address this:

If anyone knows of planned updates for the Podcasts tool, I would appreciate any info.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Alan Regan, MFA
Manager, Technology and Learning