[Using Sakai] Sakai usage & features

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 18 02:07:09 PDT 2012

I get the impression that most people don't create HTML pages via the WYSIWYG editor. We do but we don't seem to have the same problems as you.

It is quite easy to change what buttons are visible in the Editor toolbar. There's an FCKEdit config file where you specify what you want and in which order you want the buttons appear in. We have enabled the "Full Screen" button - you can also probably say how big "full screen" is to be.

I agree it is annoying that you cant save in full screen mode, I guess I've got used to it.

The one thing you should definitely not do is paste straight from word (or Outlook email)! You should always use the special "Paste from word" button editor icon / facility.

2.8 allows one to use the CK Editor which I believe is a lot better than its predecessor FCKedit, however, I also believe there are some issues with CK Editor. We haven't tried using it yet.

What we do a bit is to develop web pages in Dreamwaever and then use its built-in WebDAV facilities to copy into resources.

adam