[Using Sakai] report automation

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Sat Jul 14 10:26:02 PDT 2012

I want to get some weekly reports on message traffic in a Sakai course and across a set of courses for overall course support monitoring.

I found that I could create a report of all forum traffic, export the results, and made a spreadsheet that summarizes by category and week nicely.

So;
1) Is there a simple way to setup a set of standard reports like this and share across all courses on a Sakai site?

2) Is there a simple way to externally automate using something like a simple python script, to invoke the site and export the report. Then the script can automatically feed it to (or create) a spreadsheet for the final reporting.

I know how to do the later part, but couldn't find any guide to automating the reporting and export from Sakai.
For example could I construct a custom URL with options and run it from a command line?