[Using Sakai] [Building Sakai] making folder private in acourse site

JOSE MARIANO LUJAN GONZALEZ jmariano at um.es
Tue Jan 31 02:00:06 PST 2012

El 27/01/2012 14:37, Sam Ottenhoff escribió:
> You need to use roles. So you either need one instructor + three
> Teaching Assistants (default Sakai roles).  Or you need to create new
> a new role in the realm for this site: Primary Instructor and
> Instructor. Then you can differentiate permissions based on having two
> roles.
>
> --Sam
>
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 2:14 AM, Fatima Rahiman
> <Fatima.Rahiman at wits.ac.za <mailto:Fatima.Rahiman at wits.ac.za>> wrote:
>
>     Hi there
>
>     A situation has arisen whereby  a lecturer in a course site which
>     has four other instructors assigned to  it, would like to  have
>     his  folder in Resources made private(with read only access)  so
>     that no  other instructors on the course should have editable
>     rights to the content in his folder.
>
>     I understand that all the folders that are private are in My
>     workspace -- is there a way to  link this folder to a course site
>     thus preserving the private , non-editable  status but allowing
>      Read  Only access  to other instructors /students that belong to
>     the course...or any other solution you may know of please?
>
>     Thanks
>
>     This communication is intended for the addressee only. It is
>     confidential. If you have received this communication in error,
>     please notify us immediately and destroy the original message. You
>     may not copy or disseminate this communication without the
>     permission of the University. Only authorized signatories are
>     competent to enter into agreements on behalf of the University and
>     recipients are thus advised that the content of this message may
>     not be legally binding on the University and may contain the
>     personal views and opinions of the author, which are not
>     necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the
>     Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University
>     and outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the
>     University agrees in writing to the contrary.

>     subject of "unsubscribe"

Hi,
There are a couple of permissions in the Resources tool that can help
you in this situation. As Sam said, the best way would be to customize
your own roles so that you get exactly what you want. If you dont want
to create new roles, you could remove the "content.delete.any" and the
"content.revise.any" to your instructor role so that instructors (in
that site) wont be able to edit or remove content from others, just
their own (make sure they still have the "content.revise.own" and the
"content.revise.any". This configuration affects all the site, not just
a folder :(

We customized all our own sites and roles, if you need any help, just
let us know.

José Mariano Luján González - Aula Virtual
Area de Tecnologías de la Información
y las Comunicaciones Aplicadas (ATICA)
UNIVERSIDAD DE MURCIA - http://www.um.es