[Using Sakai] mysql performance issues

Anders Nordkvist anders.nordqvist at his.se
Tue Jan 17 07:00:17 PST 2012

Im sorry to bother again but I should also, like it says in the jira add this line to Sakai.properties?

&useServerPrepStmts=false&cachePrepStmts=true&prepStmtCacheSize=4096&prepStmtCacheSqlLimit=4096<mysql://localhost:3306/sakai?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&useServerPrepStmts=false&cachePrepStmts=true&prepStmtCacheSize=4096&prepStmtCacheSqlLimit=4096>

And as we have two instances of Sakai I suppose I have to shut down both of them to prevent any inconsistency in the database?

We have display.users.present set to true (as you said, maybe default in 2.7.x). What might be the impact of turning it to false?

Regards
Anders Nordkvist
System administrator
University Of Skövde