[Using Sakai] Site templates and site types

Rafael Morales rmorales at udgvirtual.udg.mx
Sun Dec 9 22:05:31 PST 2012

Hello,

Thank you. Now I can create sites of types other than the predefined
ones, but I got a bit confused about the relationship between the reg
files (one per tool), the toolOrder.xml file and the realms for sites.
For example, if a create a site of a new type, based on a new realm that
includes a tool whose reg file I haven't modified (i.e. no category for
the new site type), wold the tool appear in the new site's menu and be
usable? What about the other way round (the reg files includes the new
site type, but the new realm doesn't)?

Regards,
Rafael