[Using Sakai] Site templates and site types

Rafael Morales rmorales at udgvirtual.udg.mx
Thu Dec 6 16:13:20 PST 2012

Hello,

We are configuring CLE 2.9 in preparation to migrate from 2.7. We plan
to have several course profiles, so we have started creating some new
templates (realms) and allowing the creation of sites of types other
than project, course and portfolio, but we have some issues we have not
been able to solve so far:

 1. There is no !site.template.project in 2.9.0. There are
    !site.template, !site.template.course and !site.template.portfolio,
    but no !site.template.project, as there was in 2.7. Is that right?
    Why? Is it a problem in our installation?
 2. I have modified sakai-site-manage-tool/tools/sakai.sitesetup.xml,
    including a new "community" type, modified
    /opt/apache-tomcat-7.0.33/webapps/sakai-content-tool/tools/sakai.resources.xml
    by adding the "community" category, created the
    !site.template.communtiy realm from !site.template, and restarted
    Tomcat (7), but the new site type does not show at Worksite Setup.
    Am I missing some necessary steps in the process?

Regards,
Rafael

/Dr. Rafael Morales. Researcher. IGCAAV @ UDGVirtual, Universidad de
Guadalajara. Avenida de la Paz 2453, Colonia Arcos Sur, 44130
Guadalajara, Jalisco, México. Tel +52 (33) 3540-3020 ext. 18823. Fax
+52 (33) 3630-0934. Email rmorales at suv.udg.mx. Web
http://investigacion.​udgvirtual.​udg.​mx/​personal/​rmorales/