[Using Sakai] Problem course (module) menu

Marshall Feldman marsh at uri.edu
Fri Sep 23 09:43:31 PDT 2011

Adam,

It sounds as if this has to be done by whoever builds the portal. Maybe
I'm misunderstanding, but this seems to be a particularly bad way to
implement this feature. I'm not blaming you, especially since you're not
even using 2.7 yet. I'm just commenting on what seems to be the design
of the architecture implicit in your comment.

So perhaps someone can enlighten me by answering a few questions.

How would individual instructors set default options for their own sites?

Why should something like setting the option as to what students see
when they open a page be centralized?

What if the instructor wants a different default start page each week,
as the semester progresses. Wouldn't this create an awful amount of
extra work for a centralized staff?

Cheers,
	Marsh Feldman