[Using Sakai] [Building Sakai] Support for additional browsers

Mathieu Plourde mathieu at udel.edu
Thu Mar 31 06:49:51 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

I knew I would take some heat from this thread, it felt old just to initiate
it. Here's what I take from this discussion:

1) If your institution doesn't upgrade too often and doesn't apply patches
as frequently as others, issues will seem like they take forever to get
resolved.
2) There is a growing interest in supporting browsers outside the official
list for obvious reasons.
3) Users are encouraged to report issues for any commonly used browser as
Jira tickets, not only FF and IE.
4) Non-FF/IE issues do get tackled by the community (they do not get swept
under the rug, as I described earlier).

Now, back to my own (troublemaker/non-developer) point of view, I believe
points 3 and 4 need to get out more clearly. Whether it is by making other
browsers "officially" supported is another debate.

Mathieu
=================================

Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Project Leader, LMS/Instructional Designer
IT-Client Support & Services
mathieu at udel.edu
Office: 302-831-4060

TOP LINKS: