[Using Sakai] More on DB

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 15:30:08 PST 2011

Hi,

There are some architecture documents in the source code at /reference/docs/architecture. Some are a bit dated though.
As for table naming conventions, developers are free to do what they like, however the adopted practice is that tools prefix their own tables. So the tables for Profile2 all start with PROFILE_. Site Stats all start with SST_ for example.

One thing to note is that if your app doesn't 'own' the table in your own tool/service, you shouldn't directly touch it. You should instead use the API that the app provides. This goes for the rest of the Sakai DB tables as well. Never directly modify the tables, use the API.

cheers,
Steve