[Using Sakai] Anonymous grading of uploaded files

Cheryl Cramer cramerc at willamette.edu
Thu Mar 3 17:42:02 PST 2011

Maybe I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be, but here is
the dilemma:

Instructor wants to grade student papers anonymously.  Also wants to be
able to bulk access the documents (aswith Download/Upload All in the
Assignments Tool or WebDav for Resources folders).  Assignments,
Dropbox, Forum, Blog, Resources folder - all include identifying
information.  The only way I've been able to see to maintain anonymity
is to use the anonymous grading function in Tests & Quizzes with a File
Upload question type.  When scoring a sample test built like this and
choosing "Questions" from the Scoring menu, I see the option for
Download All, which does download a .zip file of the documents
identified by the random number Submission IDs.  However, I don't see an
Upload All version that would place graded documents back for the
students to retrieve; the instructor would have to upload each graded
document as an individual attachment.  This is a non-starter...

Any thoughts, ideas, guidance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cheryl

--
Cheryl Cramer