[Using Sakai] Sakai Checklist Tool

Savitha Prakash savithap at umich.edu
Wed Jun 15 10:01:40 PDT 2011

Hello,

We at University Of Michigan have been working on a generalized Sakai
Checklist Tool to allow users to create and manage checklists of various
types. I am at the Sakai conference, if anybody is interested to know more
about it, come find me or drop in an email.

General Overview:
The Checklist tool is based on the University of Michigan's (UM) Grad Tools,
which is a checklist set up to help doctoral students navigate and keep
track of the complex series of steps that are required in pursuing a PhD.
UM Grad Tools is used as a tool within CTools, (UM's Sakai implementation)
and it exists in its own site. While GradTools is designed for an academic
use, a checklist can be used for any process that can be defined in steps.

Checklists are not site-specific; they can be added to any site. They are
created and then shared with those who will use them to track progress. They
can also optionally be shared with users who will make additional changes,
such as adding more steps, before they, in turn, share them with the final
users. Checklists can be set up so that completion of steps is viewed,
approved and checked off by someone who is not the checklist's user. As an
example, a faculty member may approve steps completed by a student.

For More information, visit
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/GT/Home

- Savitha Prakash