[Using Sakai] corrected link for Samigo Survey

Ward, Lynn E. leward at iupui.edu
Wed Jun 8 11:54:28 PDT 2011

Hello again,

A few people have contacted me to let me know that the link to the Samigo survey referenced in my message from yesterday is broken.  I can't recall whether I copied the link directly from my browser or from the document in which I had drafted my message, but at some point along the way a pound sign (#) in the URL was converted to an escape  character (%23) in the underlying hyperlink tag.

I have pasted the correct URL below.  If clicking it generates an error message, copy and paste the URL into your browser instead or replace the "%23" before the string "gid=1" with a pound sign.

My apologies for the inconvenience.  Please don't let this little snafu discourage you from completing the survey.  We need your feedback and the survey only takes a few minutes to complete.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&authkey=CKLG_8YL&formkey=dDVlMmMyX0ZVWHJQeEdFYm44elluVHc6MQ#gid=1

Best regards,

Lynn
==========================
Lynn Ward, Principal Systems Analyst, Academic and Faculty Services
University Information Technology Services<http://uits.iu.edu/>
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
Information Technology and Communications Complex (IT 225D)
535 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: 317-278-5713  E-mail: leward at iupui.edu<mailto:leward at iupui.edu>

For the last year or so Indiana University has been working on migrating our users from a legacy test and survey tool to Samigo, the Sakai Tests & Quizzes tool.  Because our legacy tool has some heavily used features that aren’t currently available in Samigo, we’ve done a fair amount of development in Samigo and expect that work to continue.  We will also be incorporating enhancements developed by others in the community that haven’t yet been merged to trunk.  Going forward, we are keenly interested in exploring models for collaborating with other institutions on the development of features that address common needs and goals, and we have begun talking with Stanford about how best to accomplish this.  As a starting point, we will be convening a Birds of Feather session at the LA Conference for representatives from institutions interested in contributing resources to the ongoing maintenance and enhancement of Samigo.  The BoF is not yet in the online program, but it is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday morning from 9:45-10:45am.  Please check the online schedule to confirm the time and location.

To help prepare for and jumpstart the conversation at the BoF, we’re trying to gather information about Samigo use, satisfaction, and functional priorities across the Sakai community.  If your school or organization uses or supports Samigo, we ‘d like to invite you to complete a short, informal survey, available at:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&authkey=CKLG_8YL&formkey=dDVlMmMyX0ZVWHJQeEdFYm44elluVHc6MQ#gid=1<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&authkey=CKLG_8YL&formkey=dDVlMmMyX0ZVWHJQeEdFYm44elluVHc6MQ%23gid=1>

In addition to telling us about how Samigo is used at your institution, the survey will give you an opportunity to register your institution’s interest in collaborating on Samigo development in the future (especially important if you can’t attend the BoF).  Also, a link in the confirmation message will take you to a Google doc where you can document the Samigo enhancements and bug fixes that are especially important to your institution.

We hope to see many of you at the BoF!

Best regards,

Lynn Ward & Megan May