[Using Sakai] testing database setup with Sakai

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 04:00:59 PST 2011

I am using Sakai 2.7 based on configure section of this page
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+2.7
in my sakai.properties file
I have changed
auto.ddl=true to
auto.ddl=fales
and
username at javax.sql.BaseDataSource=yourDbUserName
password at javax.sql.BaseDataSource=yourDbPassword
 to my details and uncommented the Mysql section as given in section 7
of above link.

Kept mysql-connector-java-5.1.9-bin.jar to $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib

and default character set for sakai database is utf8.

How do I test whether my settings are working ?
I want to know if I can log in to my sakai instance and see if things
are working so what can I do to check that?

I also want to know in Section 8 of same page
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+2.7
it has been mentioned to define
MYSQL_HOME and my.cnf
is all that necessary?
I have installed mysql-server on Ubuntu by apt-get install mysql-server
and many other applications are working.
I have created a sakai database for sakai instance though.

--
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com