[Using Sakai] Images in T/Q

David McPherson dmcphers at vt.edu
Mon Feb 14 11:11:25 PST 2011

Hi Beth,

Sure, you can use images in T/Q.  I think you may be asking how to you can have images in T/Q but not have them seen by the students.  The best solution I came up with, was to have a separate site, typically a project site, and put the images there.  Then you can link to the images from the project site to the T/Q.  If you are really paranoid about the images being publicly available, then you can enroll the students in the site.  The site doesn't have to be published and the images can be "seen" in the T/Q.  If you don't mind them being "on the web" then make the folder with the images publicly available, and don't publish the site.

I just saw Trisha's email from UVa.  We got the idea of MimeTex from them and it works great.  I would recommend that for equations too.  This will render the images on the fly and remove the need for a separate site for the images.

Dave McPherson
--
David McPherson
dmcphers at vt.edu