[Using Sakai] running 10 lmses on a website can not get sakai behind a reverse proxy running

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 04:30:12 PST 2011

Hi,
check
http://research.openitup.in/dokeos
http://research.openitup.in/docebolms
http://research.openitup.in/efront
http://research.openitup.in/ilias
http://research.openitup.in/atutor
http://research.openitup.in/claroline
and the last one is sakai
http://research.openitup.in/portal yesterday
I had posted a thread here where I was not clear as how to define a
Reverse Proxy to be used to serve the Sakai instance.

The root of my site  http://research.openitup.in is itself proxied
behind to some internal server.

You can see Apache vhost configuration here

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName research.openitup.in
        ProxyRequests off
        <Proxy *>
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
        </Proxy>

        ProxyPreserveHost On

        ProxyPass /portal ajp://192.168.1.4:8009/portal
        ProxyPassReverse /portal ajp://192.168.1.4:8009/portal

       ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.4/
       ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.1.4/

</VirtualHost>

The machine where sakai and research.openitup.in are running both are
same but they both are different from where our web server is.

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/~steve.swinsburg/Fronting+Tomcat+with+Apache+via+mod_proxy_ajp

As per above doc I have done in server.xml

<Connector port="8009"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3"
URIEncoding="UTF-8" />

and a file named default.sakai.properties has been changed

serverUrl=http://localhost:80

but still it is not accessible.Can any one suggest me some thing.
I am having many other websites proxied by our web server but this one
is giving problem.
If I create a file named ajp.conf
and write
ProxyPass / ajp://<Internal IP>:8009
ProxyPassReverse / ajp://<Internal IP>:8009

then all my sites are in accessible since
I have site itself proxied to back end like this

ProxyPass / http://<Internal IP>
ProxyPassReverse / http://<Internal IP>

Can any one suggest me any thing for the same.
Thanks.