[Using Sakai] wiki links

Robin Hill Hill at uwyo.edu
Tue Feb 1 03:26:49 PST 2011

We -- at least, as represented by me -- will take the general suggestion under advisement, the general suggestion being that such tasks should be documented in the Help files.

I find, however, that the Wiki info page you cite, suggested by Adam Marshall, does indeed document the "link" macro and its parameters, in the "Summary of All Macros" list at the end.  Which is the same page as the embedded Wiki help that appears in the Edit option under "Notation Help - Full Help Page."  But neither of these pops up in the Help files proper.  You want something more immediately visible and relevant than these other sources, right?

One pesky issue raised is where comprehensive and user-driven workflow documentation should come from.  I believe that the commitment, and resources, of the KB staff at Indiana extends only to maintaining the minimal Help files supplied by developers of the tools, which are usually tool-oriented.  The ideal situation would be context-sensitive help at a fine-grained level, anticipating the user's steps, so that a he or she can find exactly the right answer to exactly the current question, under a tool tip, say... the dream of software users everywhere.  :-)

If anyone can provides suggestions on a policy and method for handling this problem, the Documentation committee would like to hear them.  Meanwhile, we rely on the community to formulate issues and report them to us via the Confluence page.  Mr. D'Arcus, I have added yours (my account of it) as you request.

--
  Robin K. Hill, Ph. D.      Coordinator of Instructional Computing, University of Wyoming
  http://www/uwyo.edu/ctl