[Using Sakai] NERCOMP Session - Sakai User Group - October 7th

Reeves, Hannah H. Hannah.Reeves at tufts.edu
Wed Sep 29 11:38:58 PDT 2010

Forwarding on behalf of NERCOMP

Dear Friends,

Seats are still available for NERCOMP's upcoming workshop:

" Sakai User Group "

DATE:
October 7, 2010

TIME:
9:00 - 3:00 (Coffee and Registration start at 8:00)

PRICE:
NERCOMP Members: $130, Non-Members: $260
Your fee includes unlimited am and pm break service and lunch.

LOCATION:
Four Points Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center
Norwood, MA.

Tufts University recently made the decision to adopt the Sakai Collaboration and Learning Environment, and we are interested in building a community of campuses around New England who are using Sakai.

Join us on October 7th and connect with other schools in the area who are using Sakai or are considering adopting it as an open source platform for teaching, learning, research and collaboration. Connect with peer institutions in the Northeast that have implemented Sakai in a variety of different ways to support teaching, learning, research and eportfolio activity on their campuses.

Attendees should expect to:
- Learn more about the Sakai software platform as an open source option for higher education
- Gain a better understanding of how Sakai is meeting the needs of different institutions in New England
- Develop an understanding of how to leverage and participate effectively in an open source community like Sakai
- Network with other schools who are using or evaluating the system
- Participate in the creation of a New England regional open source community

For a full schedule and registration information, please go to:
http://www.nercomp.org/events/event_single.aspx?id=6318

We would be grateful if you would pass this announcement on to friends and colleagues who might find it of interest.

To view other SIGs events, click here: http://www.nercomp.org/events/upcoming_events.aspx

Thank you very much. We hope to see you on October 7th!

Sincerely,
Lisa DiMauro
NERCOMP