[Using Sakai] Lock Down Browser

Piendl Thomas (LET) thomas.piendl at let.ethz.ch
Wed Sep 29 00:34:10 PDT 2010

Dear Beth,

we work with Safe Exam Browser (SEB) (http://www.safeexambrowser.org/ ), an open source solution, on our Moodle exams. It works out of the box with the LMS Moodle and ILIAS and could be easily tailored to any other LMS like Sakai. The developers noted it at the end of this page http://www.safeexambrowser.org/documentation_developer.html in "Source for LMS-extensions".
SEB works on Windows and MacOS X computers.

Perhaps it is worth a trial, even with a not tailored Sakai? It should prevent students use other applications on the computer, printing etc. just out of the box. More help is available on http://www.safeexambrowser.org/documentation_user.html .

Regards,
Thomas