[Using Sakai] content.* permissions "went away"?

will trillich will at serensoft.com
Fri Sep 10 09:05:46 PDT 2010

This is an interesting puzzle for Sakai 2.6.x: what would make the *
content.** permissions *disappear*?

When we visit any resources tool and try checking permissions there, we see
a column labelled "Role" with all the roles in it... but there are no
columns with checkboxes? There should be columns as below, but they're
missing. (The below cut-and-paste is from a different server.)

newreadrevise.anyrevise.owndelete.anydelete.ownall.groupshidden

Similarly, visiting !admin > realms > [site-id] > [any-role] shows that
there are no content.* permissions available there either. They should look
like this:

 content.all.groups

 content.delete.any

 content.delete.own

 content.hidden

 content.new

 content.read

 content.revise.any

 content.revise.own

But in this instance of 2.6.x, they're not there. How can that happen, and
how can we fix it?

--
will trillich -- http://faq.serensoft.com/
"The truth is that many people set rules to keep