[Using Sakai] for equations in sakai course

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Thu Oct 28 14:03:19 PDT 2010

MathML will be somewhat nice in HTML-5, thought it's basically only
available in Firefox and IE9 or older IE's with a plugin, though MathJax can
display LaTeX and MathML. [1] Only partial support exists in Webkit based
browsers [2].

The biggest problem with MathML is it is very difficult to edit the math.
You are almost entirely reliant on a wysiwyg of some sort.

For example typing creating something as simple as [image: gif.latex.gif] means
you have to enter:
<math>
        <mrow>
                <msqrt>