[Using Sakai] Sakai to be officially adopted at UNC

Moynihan, Brian moynihan at med.unc.edu
Tue Oct 19 06:21:55 PDT 2010

Hi all,
  I just wanted to share the good news that the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has just voted to adopt Sakai as its official LMS! The transition from Blackboard to Sakai will be made by 2014. To those of us who have been strong Sakai proponents on our campus this is very welcome news. The Sakai pilot is in its third year at UNC, running alongside Blackboard and gaining users and supporters for all of that time. We look forward to a time when we'll be "made honest"!
  Here is the article about the decision from the UNC newspaper, The Daily Tar Heel:
http://www.dailytarheel.com/index.php/article/2010/10/its_votes_to_transition_from_blackboard_to_sakai_by_2014

Cheers,
Brian
Brian Moynihan, MSIS