[Using Sakai] Two questions about the 'Assignments' tool, many thanks

Gordon, Patricia (psg3a) psg3a at eservices.virginia.edu
Fri Oct 15 08:14:26 PDT 2010

Hello Fawei,

A1. I don't see a way to hide past assignments, although if the Due date/Accept until date have passed, students won't be able to submit the assignments.

But, it sounds like your instructors may be using a previous semester courses for the current semester, yes? Creating a new course site each semester and re-using Assignments from the previous semester course site may be the way to go. Then all of the copied assignments will be in Draft mode (students can't see them) until the instructor edits an assignment to set new delivery dates and then posts the assignment to make it visible to students in the site.

A2. Workaround: An instructor can attach any type of file to an assignment using the Add Attachment button on the Assignment create/edit screen.

Hope this helps!
Trisha

Trisha Gordon
UVaCollab Project Lead and User Support Manager
https://collab.itc.virginia.edu
collab-support at virginia.edu<mailto:collab-support at virginia.edu>

Dept. of Information Technology and Communication
University of Virginia
PO Box 400198
Charlottesville, VA 22904
434.243.5465