[Using Sakai] Timed Courses

Nicola Monat-Jacobs nicola at longsight.com
Mon Oct 11 08:19:56 PDT 2010

Unfortunately, Conditional Release only controls the release of items in the Resources area (not tests or other courses), and the rules that control whether or not a resource is released are based on actions rather than time (e.g., "If the student took this test, or got a certain grade or higher on a test, then show this Resource.")

I don't think that there's anything in Sakai OOTB that can do what you'd like, but Steve is right that Conditional Release could be the framework that you could build on top of to develop your solution. I was curious to hear if anyone else had tackled the need for custom time-based self-paced courses, but it sounds like no one has yet.

- Nicola