[Using Sakai] Chemistry VRE

Jez Cope J.Cope at bath.ac.uk
Mon Oct 4 07:45:50 PDT 2010

  Hi all,

I'm quite new to Sakai, and I wondered if anyone on this list has any
experience of using it to support research staff and students,
particularly in chemistry and/or chemical engineering? We have a fairly
small (<200) user base, of which about half will be research students,
and the remainder supervisors, RAs and industrial partners.

For context, I've just started as ICT Project Manager in the Centre for
Sustainable Chemical Technologies (CSCT) at the University of Bath,
United Kingdom. The main focus of my role is to set up a virtual
research environment to support collaboration and communication between
researchers in the centre and industrial partners.

Thanks,
Jez

--
Jez Cope
ICT Project Manager, Centre for Sustainable Chemical Technologies