[Using Sakai] Advice on Elluminate Implementation

Mary Jane Palm janie at uri.edu
Tue Nov 30 08:24:48 PST 2010

The University of Rhode Island is currently piloting Elluminate and Wimba (started prior to the Blackboard Collaborate purchases).

Have any other schools successfully integrated either Elluminate or Wimba with a 'multiple instance' Sakai installation?

We are currently running Sakai 2.6 and run 7 instances.

Thanks!
Janie Palm

On Nov 3, 2010, at 11:15 AM, Gordon, Patricia (psg3a) wrote:

> Rui,
>
> At the University of Virginia, we grant Instructors all Elluminate permissions except the administrator permission. This allows Instructors full capabilities to create, launch, and manage sessions from within the bridge tool in their course sites.
>
> We are using a distributed/community support model so that our Elluminate users can help each other, with additional support provided by technical personnel in schools/departments that choose to adopt Elluminate.
>
> Specifics about our implementation and support/training are available here:
>
> http://www.itc.virginia.edu/software/elluminate
>
> Trisha
>
> Trisha Gordon
> UVaCollab Project Lead and User Support Manager
> https://collab.itc.virginia.edu
> collab-support at virginia.edu
>
> Dept. of Information Technology and Communication
> University of Virginia
> PO Box 400198
> Charlottesville, VA 22904
> 434.243.5465

Mary Jane Palm
Mgr., Instructional Technology & Media Services
Media and Technology Services (MTS)
University of RI, 217 Chafee Building
Kingston, RI 02881-0816

Front Desk: 401-874-2148   Fax:  401-874-4281
Desk & Voicemail:  401-874-4487  Email:    janie at uri.edu