[Using Sakai] [Management] Looking for feedback on a proposal for a new Wiki integration effort

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Sun Nov 14 19:28:33 PST 2010

Just an offhand comment about the formatting control vs. separation between
content and presentation...

I've run across cases (particularly when students are creating portfolio
content) when students want to compare/contrast between THIS and THAT. This
is often best expressed by formatting THIS and THAT in way that juxtaposes
two sets of content. Students and faculty can get really frustrated when
there is no convenient way for them to accomplish their goals without
learning "advanced" features of either the chosen editor or HTML source
code. They get creative with WYSIWYG controls to create the presentation
layer that is actually very closely tied to the content.

It would be great to be able to simply facilitate that sort of presentation
layer in a way that is easy to use for students/faculty without them having
to create the markup mess that results from most WYSIWIG editors.

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, NY 13104
315-682-0830