[Using Sakai] for learning material

csev csev at umich.edu
Mon Nov 8 11:08:27 PST 2010

Marsh,

Sakai does conform to Basic LTI.  In 2.8 it comes pre-installed, for 2.6 and 2.7 it needs to be added.

The purpose of Basic LTI is more to write one tool and plug it into Moodle, Sakai, Blackboard, Jenzabar, OLAT, etc with a single integration rather than a unique integration for each product.  Basic LTI is less about tool to tool connections and integration.

Basic LTI has the potential for lots of new learning tools to be available to our teachers (kind of like an App Store for learning tools) - but it does not do  so much to improve peer tools talking to one another.

/Chuck