[Using Sakai] for learning material

Marshall Feldman marsh at uri.edu
Mon Nov 8 05:20:12 PST 2010

  I second Charles' idea of a generic infrastructure but want to take it
one step further.

As Clay Fenlaso mentioned to J. M., most Sakai installations are
centralized and integrated with other systems. These are usually
centrally maintained, and faculty members rarely have administrative
rights on such systems. Yet we customize our courses and use a wide
variety of non-Sakai tools. Therefore, I'd like to see a generic
infrastructure include something like plugins on sees in FOSS, such as
Firefox. These can be written and installed by end users without
administrator rights. With appropriate documentation and security, this
could open up Sakai considerably and create the kind of rich ecology one
sees with other FOSS tools.

     Marsh Feldman

--
Dr. Marshall Feldman, PhD
Director of Research and Academic Affairs

      Contact Information:

        Kingston:

202 Hart House
Charles T. Schmidt Labor Research Center
The University of Rhode Island
36 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881-0815
tel. (401) 874-5953: