[Using Sakai] Not sure where to start

j m just_for_forums at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 13:30:36 PDT 2010

I'm not sure where to start.  I have used Moodle several times for schools but Sakai is totally different (please don't see this as a complaint against Sakai.  I don't mean it that way.  Thank you for the software)  I know I'm new but I can't figure out how to do things like create a student or a course.
I logged in as admin, my workspace, worksite setup, new and saw courses already there but I have no idea how to create a course to begin with.  Same with students.  I saw students in there from the test data but have no idea how they got there.
Also, I was hoping someone could answer this, please.  Will Sakai allow me to add a new student and keep a transcript of that students career at the school?  They may take a class and not come back for a couple of years but will need to have their transcripts (class and grade).
Thank you for any help.