[Using Sakai] Content authoring

Ed Garay garay at uic.edu
Sun May 30 11:05:18 PDT 2010

I'd suggest Abobe Presenter or Pointecast Publisher, for example,
which make it real easy to narrate and tightly compress your narrated
PowerPoint presentations into Flash, with animations and all included.

They support SCORM also, in case your presentations include
interactive activities that you'd like to capture in any/most LMS.

Also, you can have the ppt2flash s/w stich the audio of each slide
into a nice MP3 for podcasting.

Other options include using the Illinois Web Accessibility Wizard for
Microsoft Office  (www.virtual508.com) or use HTML educational
authoring tools like SoftChalk LessonBuilder or Lectora.

Individual copies of PointeCast Publisher Lite sells for $99. Best edu
price at least we can get at UofI is $115 buy purchasing individual
copies of Acrobat Extended :-(

--- Ed Garay
Assistant Director for Academic Computing
University of Illinois at Chicago
Academic Computing and Communications Center
Director, UIC Instructional Technology Lab
www.accc.uic.edu/itl
www.twitter.com/garay

[ Sent from iPhone :: sorry for typos, mine or iPhone-induced ]