[Using Sakai] Time Tabling systems

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Tue May 11 09:48:12 PDT 2010

I don't know much about the problem space myself...the more I read
about it the more I think it must be a module of a university ERP
system.

My understanding of time tabling systems is that it handles the
scheduling of classes and the enrollment of students to class
sections. In a sense it is the "other side" of the course management
problem. Sakai can implement a given "solution" to a timetabling
problem from a provider via the CM interfaces. This software would aim
to assist in the creation of course offerings/sections and meeting
times.

There is an open source application (from Purdue!) that looks like an example.
www.unitime.org

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, NY 13104