[Using Sakai] Option to reset the user password if lost

Abdul khader akhader at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 16:44:49 PDT 2010

Dear All,
Stepped across https://mysakai.rsmart.com/xsl-portal
This is sakai and still has the ability to reset registered users passwords.
Is that a custom code written by those people or some functionality achieved
by tweaking sakai.properties file.

I tried setting the following values in sakai.properties.

visibleTools at org.sakaiproject.tool.api.ActiveToolManager=sakai.resetpass
resetRoles.count=4
resetRoles.1=guest
resetRoles.2=associate
resetRoles.3=staff
resetRoles.4=registered

But only guest accounts are allowed to change the password ?

Regards
Abdul Khader