[Using Sakai] Option to reset the user password if lost

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Sat Jun 5 13:34:04 PDT 2010

I believe you can use that property to adjust which roles are eligible for
reset

For example:

*resetRoles.count=2
resetRoles.1=guest
resetRoles.2=registered*

The workflow that you're describing would require code that I don't believe
exists and would be a custom solution. You probably could use the
reset-password tool [1] to get some ideas or extend it so that only certain
users have access to the tool to send out password resets if this was a
local requirement.

Many production installations use an external provider to control passwords
such as LDAP and don't use this tool. This would also be more complex to
setup but might offer some possibilities.

[1] https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/reset-pass/trunk/

-Matthew